Rhythms of the World (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it, for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act).
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you including (but not exclusively):
- information that you provide by filling in forms on this site (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, sign-up to newsletter or alerts etc. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- largely anonymous details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access;
- anonymous research by Rhythms of the World to assist in the improvement of services and development of new ones, although you do not have to respond to them.
- personal details about you, such as contact details, booking information and payment history.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted through our payment processors.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To plan services;
- To pass information to you regarding related services from within the Rhythms of the World organisation;
- For uses ancillary to the provision of services to you.
We may also use your data to provide you with information, primarily by post (although possibly by email), about services which may be of interest to you.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose necessary personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Rhythms of the World or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Rhythms of the World, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us via the contact forms or our registered office.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other useful websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.